Start a new topic
Implemented

Option to Select a Custom Set of Key or Time Signatures

Instead of only having the option to select a single key or time signature or random all key/time signatures, users would like the option to create a custom set of key or time signatures from which would be randomly picked each time an exercise was generated.

7 people like this idea

Keep in mind, I am referring to below is for educators who have student accounts and are creating a custom level from the 'Levels' tab on the Dashboard.  I'm not referring to when you are customizing a level on fly in the mixer.  When you are customizing a level in the mixer, you can use the multi-select key/time signature feature)When creating a custom level  you can't associate any key or time signatures with it.

You can only create a level that sets a custom rhythm and optionally multiple ranges for a range of mediums.  After you have created your level, you can then use that level in an assignment for your students.  When you create that assignment, you can associate a custom set of key and time signatures for that assignment (which has your custom level associated with it).  So:
  1. Create a custom level and associate it with the class for which you will be creating your assignment (you can't associate any key/time signatures with it)
  2. Create an assignment for the class
  3. Associate your custom level with that assignment
  4. Set the key and time signatures that you want for the assignment
  5. Save the assignment
Then when your students launch the assignment, the assignment exercise will be generated with your custom level and your key/time signatures.

Hi, I am creating custom levels on the browser (desktop) SRF for the first time and cannot see how to create a custom set of key or time signatures, which I need for my 6 desired levels. Please advise.

Don't forget to enable "multi-select" at the top of those two selection screens.
You have to select each desired key and time signature in the setup for your instrument and as they become red in the appropriate screen, you do "next".

Hi Jeff, so you're saying that you selected multiple keys but it is only picking from 1 key signature?

Am I doing this wrong on the web interface. As I set up custom and multi select keys it seems to ignore that when I click practice.

Hi Jeff, it is already in the iOS app.  You may need to update your app if you aren't using the latest version.  In order to use it in the iOS app, you will first need to go to your Dashboard via the website (in a web browser) and enable this feature on the preferences tab.  You will see options to select multiple key and time signatures.  Let me know if you have any problems accessing the feature in the iOS app!

This is great, thanks. :-) Any idea when this feature will appear in the iOS app as well?

This is now implemented!

Login or Signup to post a comment