The 'Playback Synchronization' warning is the message that is given when you are trying to listen to a recording with certain audio playback features enabled (Cursor, Metronome Track, and/or Synth Audio) and where SRF detected problems with the recording and being able to sync up the enabled audio playback features with the recording. The reason you are getting this message is because SRF uses the audio of the prep beats click-off from the recording to sync up the recording with the metronome track, cursor, and/or synth audio playback options. So essentially, if SRF can't detect/hear the click-off prep beats in the recording, and you are trying to listen to that recording with certain audio playback features enabled, you'll get this warning.
Some common causes of this problem are when:
- The user was wearing headphones during recording. If the user is wearing headphones, the audio of the prep beats click-off won't be recorded (because the click-off audio is going into headphones instead of being played out loud and picked up by the microphone) and thus can't be used to sync up the recording + audio playback options.
- There was a lot of background noise during the prep beat click-off period. If there is a lot of background noise, it can confuse the code used to detect the audio of the prep beat click-off.
- The mic sensitivity is too low. This could result in a very 'soft' recording and the click-offs might not be detected.
- The volume on the user's device is too low. If the volume on the user's device is too low (or all the way down), the prep beat click-offs might not be audible on the recording and thus won't be detected.
Some solutions to this problem are:
- Disable the audio playback features that cause this warning. The audio playback options are just that - options. You don't have to listen to the recording with the metronome track, cursor, and/or synth audio. If you just listen to the recording by itself, you won't get the warning. You can click the double triangle icon by the play button to access the audio playback options menu.
- Make sure the user making the recording is not wearing headphones.
- Make sure there is minimal noise during the prep beat click-off period when the user is making the recording.
- Make sure the mic sensitivity is high enough on the device being used to record.
- Make sure the volume is turned up enough on the device being used to record.