Start a new topic

Sight Reading in 'Jazz' Styles

Users would like to see sight reading in 'jazz' styles such as swing, latin, funk, etc.

24 people like this idea

This would be very helpful to augment my band class curriculum.  

1 person likes this

I'd love to be able to do some quick sight reading with my jazz ensemble! I currently do a short sight read every class with my concert band and would like to implement that into my jazz rehearsals as well!

Would love to have a 'swung eighths' option for practicing jazz reading.  Unfortunately, without this option I can only stick with BIAB generated solos to practice with instead. 

Thanks for your feedback!  We do still hope to add 'jazz' styles such as swing, latin, funk, etc.  We'll chalk up some more votes and keep you all updated on any developments!

Nancy D'Alema

Sight Reading Factory

I'd like to see this too.

Hi Orlando!

I have just added another vote!  We'll keep you updated on any developments!

Nancy D'Alema

Sight Reading Factory

I would really love to have those styles as well. Any news on, when they will come?

Hi Mikkel,

I have just added another vote from your for this!  We keep a list of those who requested the features, so once we do have any update on this we will send out a message.  We don't have any new updates currently of when Jazz will be added but it is still something we plan to add in the future.  We try to add the most requested features first.

Regards,

Nancy D'Alema

Sight Reading Factory

NMIMS's School of Performing Arts have purchased 4 full accounts with you, along with 106 6-month student subscriptions. With plans for renewal! (kindly check your records for confirmation of this)

I'm not sure how many votes that gets us, hopefully 4 at least :-)

PLEASE implement a Beta version of this.

Also please add articulation/phrasing/dynamics to regular percussion and Piano sight-reading. It is only possible for wind at the moment, we are trying our best with translating that to the aforementioned instruments but this system is not so intuitive and less than ideal. Thanks,

Thanks so much for the feedback!  We really appreciate hearing from our users!  These are both item we currently have on our todo list and plan to add in the future.  We'll chalk up some votes for both Jazz styles and piano customization and keep you updated on any developments!

Nancy D'Alema

Sight Reading Factory

If you are taking votes, count me in.

Thanks Henry!  We have added a vote and your name to the list, so we can update you with any developments!

Nancy D'Alema

Sight Reading Factory

I would also appreciate that.

All set!  I have added another vote for sight reading in Jazz styles!

Nancy D'Alema

Sight Reading Factory

Login or Signup to post a comment