What are the system requirements?
Modified on: Fri, 6 Oct, 2017 at 9:03 AM
General SiteSightReadingFactory.com is a 100% browser-based application. We support recent versions of the most popular web browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge. We support these browsers on Windows, Chromebooks, Mac OS X/macOS, and Linux. We also support mobile browsers iOS Safari and Android Chrome.
AssignmentsOur "Assignments" feature requires a microphone. Modern HTML browsers allow us to access user microphone using only built-in technology - no plugin required. However, there are a few exceptions to our support for accessing the microphone:
- iOS devices - iOS does not allow browsers to access the microphone. Users are encouraged to use our custom free iOS app for taking assignments.
- Android Devices - Students can take assignments using their Android devices. We require that Android users take assignments with the latest version of Android Chrome & Android 5.0 ("Lollipop") or newer. This functionality is in beta, but is widely used.
- Safari for Mac - Starting with Safari 11, Safari now offers browser-only access to the microphone. Older version do not offer browser-only microphone access. Users will be allowed to take the assignment using a Flash plugin-based microphone. Our Flash microphone works for many people, but we find it unreliable. We recommend Safari users upgrade to version 11 or newer, or use a different browser to take assignments.
- Internet Explorer - Internet Explorer does not offer a browser-only microphone access. Users will be allowed to take the assignment using a Flash plugin-based microphone. Our Flash microphone works for many people, but we find it unreliable. We recommend Internet Explorer users use a different browser to take assignments.
iOSFor users who want to record assignments on their iOS devices or just want the experience of a native app, we offer a free SightReadingFactory app. This app requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Microsoft Edge cannot play assignment recordings that the student recorded in their browser. It can play audio recorded on iOS devices. Teachers can use Chrome or Firefox to grade assignments, or download the audio to their machine to listen.
- Assignments are uploaded to the host "srf-23498u72489729834234-assignmentuploads.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com". Organizations that implement domain name filtering for students will need to need to whitelist this host.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.